Mutual Fund Observer's premium site provides fund screening tools, analytics, and ratings updated monthly
, plus additional
commentary to complement our main site.
MFO Premium search tools feature:
- All U.S. Mutual Funds, ETFs, CEFs, and Insurance Funds, including all share classes.
- Select from 42 evaluation periods (lifetime, ytd, multi-year and multi-month, plus full, down, and up market cycles) for all risk and performance metrics.
- Fund ratings beyond those based on Martin Ratio, including Absolute Return, Sharpe and Sortino Ratios.
- Compact, sortable, and exportable search table outputs.
- Expanded metrics and a suite of fund analytics, including Correlation, Rolling Averages, Up/Downside Capture, Calendar Year Returns, Batting Averages and Trend.
is our main search tool. It will sort through
thousands of mutual funds based upon selectable criteria. Up to 80 criteria can be selected simultaneously, like
Category, Number of Holdings, Fund Family, and MFO Rating. For example, up to 25 Catgeories may be selected, along with multiple risk characteristics.
Premium content also includes the MFO Fund Family Scorecard and Category Averages tools, in addition to our legacy MFO Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Great Owls and Three Alarm Fund tools. Updates are
typically posted on the 4th or 5th business day.
As of Sunday, 7 July 2019:
- Database updated through June 2019 using Lipper Global Data Feed for U.S. funds.
- Blog post: Barron's Best Mutual Funds You've Never Heard Of.
- Added 4, 6, 8, and 9-year evaluation periods to MultiSearch.
- Added another PreSet Screen to MultiSearch, called The 11 Sector ETFs.
- Upped default Row display to 100 ... may need to hit tool Reset or exit browser window to take affect.
- Enlarged format of the MultiSearch screening criteria input panel.
- Added QuickSearch tool, a "lite" version of MultiSearch, and consolidated our main site search tools into the premium site.
- Added ability to export (up to 25 funds) from the MultiSearch results table to WatchLists.
- Added option to hide empty columns in the MultiSearch, Calendar Year, and Period Performance Tools. See the "View" button on their output pages.
- Added Compare Funds option to MultiSearch, which presents up to 10 funds from the MultiSearch Results table in a vertically oriented format.
- Added printer-friendly pdf export option to all tools with vertically oriented output pages.
- Added Returns vs Benchmark analysis options to MultiSearch tool.
- Added option to run analysis tools from the output pages of other analysis tools.
- Expanded MultiSearch evaluation periods from 21 to 38, as described in November MFO commentary.
- Batting averages, Ferguson metrics and Trend (versus 3- & 10-mo SMAs) all now available as MultiSearch screening criteria.
- Added Trend analysis option to MultiSearch tool, which indicates when funds are above or below their 3- and 10-month simple moving averages (SMAs), as described in September MFO commentary.
MFO Premium is evolving: our current suite of tools is slated to expand as we add more functions that our readers and we, personally, have needed.
If you have any site issues, see something amiss, suggestions for improvement, or general feedback, please email
(firstname.lastname@example.org). We will address soonest.