Mutual Fund Observer's premium site provides an expanded set of fund search tools and mutual fund ratings updated monthly
, plus additional
commentary that complements and previews our main site.
MFO Premium search tools feature:
- Selectable evaluation periods (lifetime, 20, 10, 5, 3, and 1 year, plus full, down, and up market cycles) for all risk and performance metrics.
- All share classes.
- Fund ratings beyond those based on Martin Ratio, including Absolute Return, Sharpe and Sortino Ratios.
- Compact and sortable search table outputs.
- Expanded metrics, including Peer Count, Recovery Time, Correlation, and Rolling Averages.
is our main search tool. It will sort through
thousands of mutual funds based upon selectable criteria. More than 60 criteria can be selected simultaneously, like
Category, Bear Rating, No. of Equity Holdings, and MFO Rating. For example, up to 25 Catgeories may be selected, along with multiple risk characteristics.
Premium content also includes monthly updates of our Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Great Owls, Three Alarm Funds, Category Averages, and Fund Family Scorecard. Updates are
typically posted on the 4th business day.
As of 7 March 2018:
- Database updated through February 2018 using Lipper Data Feed Service for U.S. Open End funds.
- Added header labels to column groups in MultiSearch results table. These labels can be toggled to show only columns (metrics) in selected group.
- Added column group selection to "Columns" option on MultiSearch results page. This feature enables showing or hiding various metrics by group (eg., "Period Metrics"), in addition to individual metrics.
- Redesigned Commentary page using WordPress to better match format and features of our main site. This update also enables posting of subscriber comments, guest article submission, and site feedback.
MFO Premium is evolving: our current suite of tools is slated to expand as we add more functions that our readers and we, personally, have needed.
Premium MFO membership is $100 per year ($85 is tax-deductible
to the extent allowable under law). Create an account by clicking on LOGIN
above. Access is granted automatically after email verification and PayPal portal payment. Alternately, writing a check works.
Drop us an email
(email@example.com) when the check is in the mail and we will access you pronto.
Current subscribers can extend or renew subscriptions any time via ACCOUNT
tab. Subscriptions can be recurring or non-recurring.
Subscribers can post comments on commentary, submit guest articles, and offer site feedback on the Commentary
Or, please email