Mutual Fund Observer's premium site provides an expanded set of fund search tools and mutual fund ratings updated monthly
, plus additional
commentary that complements and previews our main site.
MFO Premium search tools feature:
- All U.S. Mutual Funds, ETFs, CEFs, and Insurance Funds, including all share classes.
- Select from 38 evaluation periods (lifetime, ytd, multi-year and multi-month, plus full, down, and up market cycles) for all risk and performance metrics.
- Fund ratings beyond those based on Martin Ratio, including Absolute Return, Sharpe and Sortino Ratios.
- Compact and sortable search table outputs.
- Expanded metrics, including Peer Count, Recovery Time, Correlation, Rolling Averages, Up/Downside Capture, Calendar Year Returns, Batting Averages and Trend.
is our main search tool. It will sort through
thousands of mutual funds based upon selectable criteria. More than 70 criteria can be selected simultaneously, like
Category, Bear Rating, No. of Equity Holdings, and MFO Rating. For example, up to 25 Catgeories may be selected, along with multiple risk characteristics.
Premium content also includes monthly updates of our Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Great Owls, Three Alarm Funds, Category Averages, and Fund Family Scorecard. Updates are
typically posted on the 4th or 5th business day.
As of Sunday, 10 March 2019:
- Database updated through February 2019 using Lipper Global Data Feed for U.S. funds.
- Portfolio watchlists now found on MultiSearch page.
- Register for 15 January webinar.
- Expanded MultiSearch evaluation periods from 21 to 38, as described in our November MFO commentary.
- Batting averages, Ferguson metrics and Trend (versus 3- & 10-mo SMAs) all now available as MultiSearch screening criteria.
- Added a Trend analysis option to MultiSearch Results page, which indicates when funds are above or below their 3- and 10-month simple moving averages (SMAs), as described in September MFO commentary.
- Migrated to a new webhost to modernize our Account Manager and PayPal interface, as explained here.
- Added Ferguson analysis option to MultiSearch Results page, as described in August MFO commentary.
MFO Premium is evolving: our current suite of tools is slated to expand as we add more functions that our readers and we, personally, have needed.
Premium MFO membership is $100 per year ($85 is tax-deductible
to the extent allowable under law). Create an account by clicking on LOGIN
above. Access is granted automatically after email verification and PayPal portal payment. Alternately, writing a check works.
Drop us an email
(email@example.com) when the check is in the mail and we will access you pronto.
Current subscribers can extend or renew subscriptions any time via ACCOUNT
tab. Subscriptions can be recurring or non-recurring.
Subscribers can post comments on commentary, submit guest articles, and offer site feedback on the Commentary
Or, please email